1. Who We Are
2. What Information We Collect
We accumulate information from a number of sources, including this website, to create your individual profile. We collect your data through direct interactions, automated technologies, and from third parties or publicly available sources. Sources may include:
- Technical data from providers like Google
- Identity and contact data from public sources like LinkedIn, other social media platforms and websites
- Data you provide from filling out forms on our website
- Emails you send us
- Information provided during phone calls
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the data you provide as follows:
- To communicate with you about your requests for information including, but not limited to quotes for products and services, job applications
- To collect credit card payment (via a secure 3rd party credit card processing company) for certain orders
- To understand, improve and develop our website
- To market our products and services to you in person, on the phone, online, at trade shows and via mail.
We do not share your data with any third parties without a specific business need-to-know reason (see 5. Data Security and Retention below.)
4. Data Collected with Cookies
We collect cookies on our website. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser. It distinguishes you from other users and contains information to customize your experience, making it better match your interests or facilitating signing in to use our services. There are different types of cookies including:
- Necessary cookies for logging into secure parts of our site and navigating the site
- Analytical/Statistics cookies that help us know how many people visit our site, IP address/domain name combination, clickstream to, through and from our websites with dates and times, products you searched for, page response times, length of time on each page and various page interactions.
- Preference cookies that enable the website to remember the way it behaves with a unique ID
- Marketing cookies that recognize you so that we can personalize content for you and targeting cookies which track how often you visit our site.
- Set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies or to alert you when websites set or access cookies
- Learn more about how to control what data you share at How Google uses information from sites or apps that use our services.
5. Data Security and Retention
We maintain physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from being lost, used or disclosed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to your data to those employees, agents and third parties who have a business need to know, and they are only allowed to process your data on under our instructions, and subject to our confidentiality policy. Employees who misuse data are subject to disciplinary action. However, the nature of information transfer over the internet is inherently not completely secure and we cannot be responsible data transmission security. Once we have received the data, our procedures and security features apply.
We retain your data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected including reporting purposes. For specifics on retention aspects of specific data, contact us, since details vary.
Cookies collected via Google Analytics are retained for 14 months which is reset each time you visit the website.
6. Your Legal Rights
You have rights under personal protection laws that vary depending on where you live. In general, you have rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold
- Request deletion of your personal data, however, Tek Pak may disclose information when legally compelled to do so or when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires us to do so or for the protection of our legal rights.
- Object to processing of your personal data if you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms or to object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases we may demonstrate that we have legitimate grounds that override these objections.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy, if you need us to hold the data even if we don’t need it anymore, if you object to our use of the data but want to verify if we have legitimate grounds to use it or if you believe our use of your data is unlawful but you want us to hold it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party of your choice in a commonly used format.
- Withdraw consent at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at 630-406-0560 or email us. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your data. We will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month, unless the request is particuarly complex.
7. Links to Other Websites – Information Collected by Others
8. Periodic Policy Changes
Tek Pak, Inc.
1336 Paramount Parkway
Batavia, IL 60510