The Thermoform Machine Setup Technician is responsible for preparation and complete tooling setups of Kiefel 60 and 78 steel rule cutting style machines. Accountability also includes ensuring that safety procedures are followed while working to continuously improve quality and productivity of manufacturing operations. Top wages paid with full benefit package including health insurance and 401k, relocation package if needed. Overtime available.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Set up of thermoformer and off-line trim presses in a Class 8 cleanroom.
· Steel rule die set ups.
· Perform change-over and setup duties.
· Comply with all product safety, legal, regulatory and quality systems.
· Read and review daily production schedule for changes and confer with department heads when necessary.
· Monitor and document all process parameters on a routine basis.
· Initiate troubleshooting and solving mechanical problems using small hand tools to make adjustments and minor repairs. If unsuccessful in making repairs, notify supervisor and or maintenance for assistance.
· Ensure adequate materials and rolls (if applicable) are available in the department for production runs. Follow equipment change procedures and thread rolls (where applicable) into machine (if applicable). Monitor quality of product being produced and make routine adjustments to maintain specifications.
· Keep general work area clean.
· Will perform other duties as assigned.
· Complete all shift documentation/paperwork.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
To perform this job successfully the candidate must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. 5 years prior experience is preferred. Experience in ISO 9001 and 13485 preferred. General computer skills required. Must be reliable, detail oriented, and self-driven with the ability to multitask while meeting deadlines.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
· Extensive knowledge of tools.
Physical and Mental Requirements
You will be expected to frequently:
· Stand on your feet.
· Walk around the facility on foot.
· Carry objects (up to 35 lbs.).
· Stoop/crouch by bending your legs or bending down/forward at the waist.
· Reach by extending the hands/arms.
· Add, subtract, multiply, divide and record. Balance and check results for accuracy.
· Detect quality issues.
You will be expected to constantly:
· Understand, remember, apply and communicate oral and/or written instructions or information.
· Understand and follow basic instructions.
· Organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
· Apply common sense.
· Communicate with co-workers.